AN EPONINE RECIPE
BLACKENED FISH TACOS WITH AVOCADO, LIME & CORIANDER SAUCE
This delicious recipe is one of Jet's family favourites. Enjoy!
FOR THE BLACKENED FISH:
4x salmon fillets
4x tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2x teaspoon cayenne pepper
4x teaspoons paprika
2x teaspoon brown sugar
2x teaspoon cumin
Big pinches of salt and pepper
8x large tortillas
FOR THE AVOCADO, LIME & CORIANDER SAUCE:
1/2 cup sour cream (or yoghurt if you're being healthy)
1 cup coriander
1 cup avocado
Jalapeños (according to how much spice you like)
2 tablespoons jalapeño water
Zest of 1/2 lime
Juice of two limes
Big pinch of salt and pepper
FOR THE SLAW:
1/4 thinly sliced red cabbage
1/4 thinly sliced white cabbage
Thinly sliced red onion (optional)
1 cup coriander
Juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1. Combine the oil, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, brown sugar, salt and pepper into a bowl until it becomes a paste.
2. Score the fish and rub the paste into both sides. Leave to marinate in the fridge for as long as you're willing to - the longer the better!
3. After the fish has had time to marinade, put the avocado, sour cream (or yoghurt), coriander, lime juice and zest, jalapeños and jalapeño water into a blender or food processor and combine until smooth.
4. Wrap the tortillas in tin foil and leave them to warm in the oven.
5. Combine the red cabbage, white cabbage, coriander and onion into a bowl and mix well. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper and mix again.
6. Fry the salmon on a very low heat until it's cooked through. Once it's cooked through, turn the heat up to high and fry for 30 seconds on each side to blacken the fish.
7. Break up the salmon into flakes and serve in the tortillas with the avocado, lime and coriander sauce, the slaw and lime wedges!