ANOTHER EPONINE RECIPE
COCONUT FISH CURRY WITH QUIONA
Simple and delicious! Perfect for when one can think of nothing worse than cooking . . .
500g white fish
2 teaspoons of sunflower oil
1 finely chopped onion
1 thumb of grated ginger
1 teaspoon each of ground coriander, cumin and tumeric
2 teaspoons of tamarind paste
400mL can of coconut milk
1 low-salt fish stock cube
1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
A handful of fresh, chopped coriander
Lime wedges to serve
1. Prepare quinoa (or rice if you'd prefer).
2. Cut white fish into chunks.
3. Heat oil in a pan over a medium-low heat. When hot, add the onion and fry until softened. Add the ginger and spices and stir for 2 minutes or so until fragrant.
4. Stir in tamarind paste and coconut milk, then crumble in stock cube and add chilli flakes. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the white fish to the pan and leave to cook for 2 minutes.
6. Serve the quinoa and curry, sprinkle the chopped coriander on top and add the lime wedge for squeezing.