AN EPONINE RECIPE
BLACKENED FISH TACOS WITH AVOCADO, LIME & CORIANDER SAUCE
Fresh, messy and scrumptious
FOR THE BLACKENED FISH:
4x salmon fillets
4x tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2x teaspoon cayenne pepper
4x teaspoons paprika
2x teaspoon brown sugar
2x teaspoon cumin
Big pinches of salt and pepper
8x large tortillas
FOR THE AVOCADO, LIME & CORIANDER SAUCE:
1/2 cup sour cream (or yoghurt if you're being healthy)
1 cup coriander
1 cup avocado
Jalapeños (according to how much spice you like)
2 tablespoons jalapeño water
Zest of 1/2 lime
Juice of two limes
Big pinch of salt and pepper
FOR THE SLAW:
1/4 thinly sliced red cabbage
1/4 thinly sliced white cabbage
Thinly sliced red onion (optional)
1 cup coriander
Juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1. Mix the oil, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl until it turns into a paste.
2. Score the fish and rub the paste into both sides. Leave to marinate in the fridge for as long as you fancy.
3. Put the avocado, sour cream (or plain yoghurt), coriander, lime juice and zest, jalapeños and jalapeño water into a blender or food processor and combine until smooth.
4. Wrap the tortillas in tin foil and leave to warm in the oven.
5. Combine the red cabbage, white cabbage, coriander and onion into a bowl and mix well. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper and mix again.
6. Once the salmon is marinated, fry the it on a high heat for a minute each side (to blacken it). Then turn the heat down to low, and fry the salmon until it’s cooked through.
7. Break up the salmon into flakes and serve in the tortillas with the avocado, lime and coriander sauce, the slaw and lime wedges.