EPONINE MEETS > GEMMA JOHNSON
We spoke to the wonderful Gemma Johnson, longtime Eponine friend & model.
1. Hello Gemma! You’ve been modelling for Eponine since 2015 - how time flies! How did you first get into modelling?
Yes, how time flies! I started working many years ago when I was 19 - my cousin was modelling in London and suggested I go along to some agencies.
I went to Models1 and started immediately - and today I have rejoined them!
2. What has been the highlight of your modelling career thus far?
It is hard to say what the highlight has been. The opportunity to travel and live all over the world was perhaps one of the highlights, along with working for the greatest designers and photographers.
3. You have a few Eponine dresses in your cupboard, how would you recommend someone wears one in the autumn/winter months?
I love my Eponine dresses and can rely on them for so many different occasions. They are so easy to wear and the sleeve lengths are perfect for me. They are cut to flatter and I always feel so comfortable in them!
In the autumn or winter, I add a pair of boots and a denim or leather short jacket. Mine also look great with my brown suede jacket which is cut to the waist.
4. Eponine is inspired by the shapes and elegance of the 50s and 60s. Is there an era you find yourself drawn to when you shop?
I love the dresses from the 50s, everyone looked so elegant. Who didn’t love Betty’s wardrobe in Mad Men?!
The 60s were more fun, I think of Audrey Hepburn and how fabulous she looked all the time.
5. And finally, our Autumn ready-to-wear collection is upon us! You recently modelled the collection, which piece did you like the most?
I am definitely ordering the navy blue brush stroke dress, it feels good and looks good!